• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

History

E-mail Print PDF

Hakmana Methodist central college  was started in 1875 by the Methodist Church.. Then this was only a 40x20 square feet building thatched with cadjans and its land was only  2  roods and 5 perches . From the beginning this was  conducted by  Church of Methodist for many years.. Later Pastor W.T Fernando  was appointed as the principal . In 1944 he was retired from this post and then Mr. I. Paranamana became the principal. During his period as the principal the school was declared  as a Buddhist school.. In 1988 the school became a central collage and 20 years later of that success Methodist  is being renovated as an Isuru school under the concept of  Mahinda Chinthanaya

පාසලේ ඓතිහාසික තොරතුරු


හක්මන මෙතෝදිස්තය
විවිධ තරාතිරමේ බූද්ධිමතුන් බිහි වීමෙහි ලා දකුණු ලක හක්මන මෙතෝදිස්තයට හිමිව ඇත්තේ අද්විතීය ස්ථානයකි. එම ගෞරවනීයත්වයට උරුම කම් ලද්දේ හක්මන නගරය කේන්ද්‍ර කර ගනිමින් ගැමි සුවඳින් ඈත් නොවී අවට පිහිටි ගම්මානයන් පසු බිම් කර ගනිමින් මේ විදු පියස බිහි වීමයි.
අද හක්මන මෙතෝදිස්ත මධ්‍ය මහා විද්‍යාලය හක්මන පිහිටි පැරැණිතම විද්‍යස්ථානය ලෙස හැඳින්විය හැක.

පොල්කිරි පිටිය ඉස්කෝලයේ යන ලබැඳි නාමයෙන් අදත් හඳුන්වනු ලබන මෙම විද්‍යාලය අරඹා ඇත්තේ 1875 වසරේ දී මෙතෝදිස්ත සභාව මඟිනි.
එවකට රූඩ් 2යි පර්චස් 5ක බිමක අඩි 40 x 20 පොල් අතු සෙවිලි කළ ගොඩනැඟිල්ලකින් ඇරඹූ මෙම විද්‍යස්ථානය වසර ගණනාවක් ම පාලනය වූයේ මෙතෝදිස්’ සභාව මඟින් පතු කරනු ලැබූ කළමණාකාරවරයෙකු යටතෙහි ය. පසු කළෙක දී ඩබ්.ටී. ප්‍රනාන්දු නැමැති පූජක වරයෙකු විදුහල්පති ලෙස පත් විය.

1944 වසරේ දී පූජක ප්‍රනානදු විදුහල්පතිතුමා එම තනතුරෙන් ඉවත් විය. ජේ. පරණමාන මහතා විදුහල්පතිවරයා ලෙස පත් විය. පරණමාන මහතාගේ සෙවා කාලය වසර 25කි.මෙම විද්‍යාලයේ දීප්තිමත්ම යුගය ලෙස මෙම කාල සීමාව සැලකිය හැක.

රට දැය බැබලවීමට සමත් උගත් දු පුතුන් රැසක් බිහිකළ විද්‍යස්ථානයක් හැටියට කීර්තිමත් නමක් රැක ගැනීමට මෙම විදුහලට අවස්ථාව උදාවූණි.

මේ වන විට මෙම විද්‍යාලය මෙතෝදිස්ත සභාවෙන් ඈත් ව බෞද්ධ පාසලක් බවට පත් විය.

කීර්තිමත් විදුහල්පතිවරුන් ගණනාවක් යටතේ පියවරෙන් පියවර ඉදිරිය කරා පිය නැඟ මෙම විද්‍යාලය මධ්‍ය මහා විද්‍යාලයක් බවට පත් වූයේ් දහනායක විදුහල්පති තුමාගේ සේවා කාලයේ දීය.

ඉන් පසු විදුහල්පති ධූරය හෙබ වූ සමන් ලියනාරච්චි මහතා දැඩි කැපවීමෙන් පාසල නඟා සිටු වීමට ක්‍රියා කර ඇත.
වර්තමානයේ විදුහල්පති ලෙස ජී.එල්.තිලකරත්න මහතා ද නියෝජ්‍ය විදුහල්පතිනිය ලෙස එල්.කේ. පද්මා චන්ද්‍රානි මහත්මිය ද කටයුතු කරන අතර ගුරු මණ්ඩලය 50කට අධික සංඛ්‍යාවක් සේවය කරති.

 

History of Hakmana


The Legend Says that name ‘Hakmana’ is originated from a promenade used by a sub King called ‘Mini-Kirulu’. A temporary palace of that King, had been built on a hillock belongs to Hakmana and later this place was used to build a Village tribunal is century years old . Old Villagers still believe that treasure casket is buried underneath this Bo tree. This Bo tree was used to take oaths of culprits who came to above –mentioned tribunal for litigation .It is believed that the same King had another palace built at Maligatenna
At present this place is a very pleasant temple The King had used the Tank ‘  Uyanwewa’ in Gangodagama for his water sports .

There are two boulders namely ‘Weda hindinagala’ [seating rock] and ‘Salu Wadanagala’ [clothes changing rock beside this tank close to this Uyanwewa there is a temple called ‘Amangala’, a cave temple built by king Detuthis who ruled the country at that time . The sub king ‘Minikurulu’ used the water fall situated in ‘Udupeelegoda’ for his bath .In sinhala, ‘peella’ means waterfall .

Hakmana consists 16 sub Villages . There is no actual place called ‘Hakmana’ when Hakmana is divided to Grama Niladari divisions . It is obviously clear that a King had been living and leading a luxurious life, when we consider and find details about the legends and ruins available sourrounding Hakmana . In the 16th century Matara division was owned by ‘Kotte’ kingdom . According to that Hakmana too beloaged to kotte Kingdom . A fortress was built at Hakmana during the period of Portugese mainly for their protection . Today it is known as ‘Kotudorakada’ [fort gate] close to Pallawela, Hakmana. In 1645 Dutch people had built a fortress at Hakmana. At present it is named as ‘Kotu Godalla watta’ [‘kotu’means fort] The Government Dispensary is situated in this place at present . German national,Mr Beharsohan Ponder’s report reveals us that Hakmana had been a very important and recognised place in the past . [ "I was ordered to go to our camp Hakmana about 15 miles away from Saint Paul on November 26th 1845 . Most us fell sick at Hakmana .on 26th January 1646 we returned from Hakmana with three brigades ,to Matara."

Hakmana  is a quiet and calm  small town rich with Bio-Diversity , in the Sourthern Province , 154 km away from city of Colombo.. This is a Treasure trove for anyone to live happily with many facilities. History of this town runs beyond 200 years back.- Once this was the kingdom of a local king  . The evidence for this ancient kingdom still remains - one can observe ancient tanks , temples, tunnels so on. The legends say that Hamana got its name because the kuing lived here used this area as his "Sakman Maluwa"(Walking path )



Umangala Rajamaha Viharaya

It is located that subur to the school.It starts from Gangodagama and ends to Mulkirigala.It is important in the hand of history and ancient rituals.